- This event has passed.
Domestic Abuse Awareness Training Teir 1
November 19, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Who should come?
This one-day multi-agency awareness training course is offered by Safer LBG, for Managers within States Departments, Human Resources staff, front-line States employees, working in Health, Education, Social Work, the Police, Social Security, Housing, Probation, plus people working in Voluntary Agencies, and all those dealing with potential victims and their families.
What will it provide?
The course provides an overview of domestic abuse and challenges commonly held beliefs, attitudes and assumptions about domestic abuse. Amongst the issues covered are:
* The different categories of abuse;
* Why people may stay in abusive relationships;
* How children may be affected by domestic abuse;
* Good practice and interagency working including an overview of Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and the CAADA DASH RIC (Risk Identification Checklist);
* The leaving process and issues to consider when leaving an abusive relationship.
The day will include a brief presentation by local specialist domestic abuse agencies about their different roles.
When is the next course?
The last date for 2018 is Monday 19th November.
Is there a charge?
Although there is no fee for our tier one training there is a no-show/late cancellation fee of £25. Donations towards refreshments are gratefully received on the day.
How do I apply for a place?
To apply, please contact Louise at Safer with your name, organisation, contact number and email address.
Course Contact: Louise; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone: 07839 777267