- This event has passed.
Domestic Abuse Awareness Training Tier 1
March 14, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This one-day multi-agency course is offered by Safer LBG. It is aimed at:
- Managers within States Departments,
- Human Resources staff,
- front-line States employees working in Health, Education, Social Work, the Police, Social Security, Housing, Probation, plus
- people working in Voluntary Agencies, and
- all those dealing with potential victims and their families.
The course provides an overview of domestic abuse and challenges commonly held beliefs, attitudes and assumptions about domestic abuse. Amongst the issues covered are:
The different categories of abuse;
- Why people may stay in abusive relationships;
- How children may be affected by domestic abuse;
- Good practice and interagency working including an overview of Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and the CAADA DASH RIC (Risk Identification Checklist);
- The leaving process and issues to consider when leaving an abusive relationship.
The day will include a brief presentation by local specialist domestic abuse agencies about their different roles.
The dates for 2019 are:
- Thursday 14 March
- Thursday 20 June
- Thursday 12 September
- Thursday 21 November
To apply, please contact Lou at Safer with your name, organisation, contact number and email address.
Please note: although there is no standing fee for our tier one training there is a no-show/late cancellation fee of £25. Donations towards refreshments are gratefully received on the day.
Course Contact: Email email@example.com or Telephone 07839 702662